We are rethinking news for a new generation. We speak in the voice of our readers.
We are seeking a contributing writer to work under our Editor In Chief.
We have two open slots for paid interns as well. They’ll get a chance to be involved in many aspects of the operation and learn valuable skills.
- A deep passion for news, follow constant updates and have a good sense of what readers between the ages of 16 and 28 want to know. You should have impeccable news judgment and be able to think quickly.
- Ablity to write succinctly and in a punchy, entertaining way with a voice that resonates with our demographic.
- Comfortable learning a new content management system.
- Open to telecommuting and be reliable and available during working hours.
- A news generalist and have a knowledge of many topics.
- Be accurate and detail oriented.
- A journalism degree and/or working experience is a plus.
- Work M-F from 9 to 6 or do a shifted week that gives you two weekdays off and you would work a full weekend.
Pay for writers is on an hourly basis and competitive.
Send an email to ProjectCycloJob@gmail.com with your name, email, resume and 3 references.
Quick cover letter, no more than 5 graphs, of why you want the job.
Tell us the minimum, maximum and ideal number of hours you would work each week.
Provide a link to a news article and your summary of the most important news point(s) boiled into as few words as possible.