ESPN was like Han Solo, dipped in design carbonite for years, but today, easily one of the best designed websites around.
What I love:
- Clean card based design, easily transfers to mobile.
- Puts my teams first.
- First thing on the nav directs me to what’s going on right now.
- The NOW ticker gives rich, but quick hits and makes generous use of tweets and other immediate social media.
- Article page sidebar is too wide, and should be collapsable (maybe upon scroll.
- Nav and scores up top become a bit too much on article pages, should collapse upon scroll.